Moving back to the UK from Hong Kong and looking for properties?
We know buying a house can be stressful, so you may be worried at the thought of buying a home while abroad. With Stacks, you’ll have your own trusted advisor, an expert on the ground. You’ll have peace of mind.
Living and working abroad is a time of excitement and opportunities. When the time comes for you to take advantage of openings back in the UK, you want to make the most of these opportunities too.
Exploring Hong Kong and its culture has given you a chance to think about your environment and consider what’s important to you as a family. So now, when you look at returning to the UK with this new perspective, it can be difficult to know where to look.
- The places which were good for you when you left may not have everything you need now.
- The property market has changed and is changing so quickly you can’t rely on the internet or family and friends for help.
- You know online listings aren’t always to be trusted – and if the property really is as good as it looks, it won’t stay available long. How can you move quickly enough?
You moved to Hong Kong because you work hard and want to make the most of new adventures. Returning to the UK is another stage in your journey, let us help you find your course.
We understand the pressure of house buying and can ease it.
We know how to recognise your priorities, how to find the properties you’re looking for, who to talk to and what to ask.
Your Stacks representative will ask the questions necessary to find exactly what you’re looking for – we’ll listen to your concerns and explore the market to find your new home. This is about finding the perfect property for you.
Communication is the key, our process works because we understand the importance of keeping you informed – whether it’s phone, video call, messaging or email. Tell us what works best for you.
Find out more about working with Stacks on your property search here
When you’re returning to the UK from Hong Kong: what do you need to consider?
- Understanding your budget is essential. Make sure you account for all the fees house-buying will raise, such as stamp duty, legal fees and removal costs.
- You’ll no doubt have considered the tax implications of your return. It’s wise to seek advice about investments and tax planning early on to ensure you make the best decisions.
- For many, returning to the UK is prompted by plans for educating your children. If choosing a school is part of your relocation, there are many things to consider which you may not be aware of, it often feels as if the school system in the UK keeps changing. Seeking help to understand what your options are is essential.
- If there are members of your family without British citizenship it’s important to explore your options as early as possible, making sure you get the necessary paperwork in place.
Your Stacks representative will be your guide through the process of seeking your new home in the UK. Whatever your question, we’ll find you the support you need.