But the beauty of being based in a location as attractive and alive as Northamptonshire is that you can both thrive on the buzz of running a business AND relax in the tranquillity of a rural retreat. It’s a county made for promoting work/life balance.
For a start, there is plenty to offer families, couples, and individuals seeking a good quality of life.
- Some of the best private and state schools are within easy reach. We have a page dedicated to schools in Northamptonshire here.
- Outdoor activities are in abundance, with everything from rambling, to riding, to fishing, to sailing, to narrow boating, to village cricket all on the doorstep.
- Motorsport fans have Silverstone and Rockingham to keep them entertained.
- Easy access to superb shopping offers something for everyone, from fabulously stocked farm shops, to local butchers, to innovative boutique arts & crafts. And, of course, larger centres such as Milton Keynes are also just ‘across the border’.
Plus, for the budding entrepreneur or high flying executive, being situated pretty much in the middle of the country means the communication links are superb.
- Trains in and out of Northamptonshire – Heading into Euston is easy, being a mainline destination from Northampton and Milton Keynes. And then on the west side of the county, stations such as Banbury & Bicester head into Oxford and Marylebone. Either way, travelling into London only takes about an hour. And of course, those lines head north too to Birmingham and beyond.
- Roads in and out of Northamptonshire – Heading both north and south is easy, with the M1 cutting through the county near Northampton. The M40 is just on the western edge, and that gives you easy access to other parts of the motorway network as well. London, Birmingham, Leicester, Coventry, they’re all easily accessible by road.
- Airports within easy reach of Northamptonshire – Luton Airport, Birmingham International Airport, and East Midlands Airport are within an hour’s drive from Northampton, and Heathrow not much further, so heading to other places by air is about as easy as it gets.